Phase 2, Interview Process
By Invitation Only:
If your application meets our criteria, you will be invited to an in-person visit. (An overnight stay may be necessary.) During this visit you will:
- Have an interview with a panel of UChicago UTEP faculty and staff
- Teach a demonstration lesson with reflection time
- Take part in a small group problem solving activity and presentation
- Sit in on classes, tour campus, and/or attend an information session with current Chicago UTEP students and alumni
If you are invited to interview and have not yet submitted the appropriate ACT, SAT or ICTS/ILTS scores; any subsequent offer of admission will be conditional and contingent upon our receipt of those scores.
Phase 3, Admissions Offer
Accepting the Offer of Admission:
- Applicants must secure a place in the cohort by returning a nonrefundable deposit of $250, which is applied toward tuition and fees after matriculation
Deferring the Offer of Admission:
- Students may request a one-year deferral by submitting such a request in writing.
- An additional tuition deposit of $250 will be required and once again, applied toward tuition and fees after matriculation.
Year 1, Foundations Year
During the spring quarter of the Foundations of Education sequence, candidates apply to enter the full-time, four-quarter residency and continue the program to earn the MAT degree.
Year 2, Residency Year
Student must pass the ICTS/ILTS Elementary/Middle Grades test and the edTPA.