Applicants with undergraduate and/or graduate degrees from other institutions, if admitted, will simply begin the program as graduate students.
There are 3 steps in the application process. Please review all steps.
Here are a few tips for a successful application.
- Submit a Composite ACT Plus Writing score of 22 or higher with a minimum score of 19 on the Combined English/Writing OR a Composite SAT score of 1030 or higher on Critical Reading plus Mathematics, with a minimum score of 450 on Writing if taken before March 5, 2016, OR a Composite SAT score of 1110 (Evidence-based Reading and Writing plus Mathematics) or hgher, and a minimum score of 26 on the Writing and Language Test for the Redesigned SAT taken or or after March 5, 2016, in lieu of the Illinois Certification Testing System (ICTS/Illinois Licensure Testing System or ILTS) Basic Skills or Test of Academic Proficiency (TAP) exams.
- Contact the (ICTS/ILTS) and arrange to take the Academic Proficiency test. Study materials are available on both the ICTS/ILTS and our websites.
- *Please note: the TAP exam must be taken before you begin the program.
Neither the GRE nor any other ICTS exam is required for admission. Subsequent ICTS/ILTS exams will occur during the residency year of the program.
- Contact all colleges and universities attended and have each institution forward official transcripts. Electronic transcripts can be sent to email@example.com. Hard copies must be mailed to: Recruitment and Admissions, University of Chicago Urban Teacher Education Program, Chapin Hall, Room 255, 1313 E. 60th St., Chicago, IL 60637
Transcripts must be submitted for any and all college and universities attended, even if you transferred, only took one class, enrolled and withdrew, or if a significant amount of time has elapsed since you last attended the institution.
- Input the names and contact information of three references that will provide you with letters of recommendation into our online application system. You will then be able to send your references reminders until all letters are received. Online submission of recommendation letters is strongly encouraged; however, letters can also be faxed to 773-834-8370 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Letters received by fax or email must come directly from the recommender.
Email a resume to email@example.com that highlights the following:
- Any significant education-related experience (classroom teaching, teaching assistant, etc.)
- Previous career(s)
- Full-time service learning experience (City Year, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, Breakthrough Collaborative)
Focus on the candidate statement on our online application.
Congratulate yourself on giving the UChicago UTEP application process your best effort!