Are you committed to being an agent of change? Do you believe in the power of one? This year marks the 10th anniversary of the launch of the University of Chicago Urban Teacher Education Program! Come learn more about our work, reflect on a potential future in teaching, and help us celebrate a decade of being the change in Chicago! RSVP NOW.
Schedule of Events:
Location: University of Chicago Mott Building 305
- 8 a.m.: Breakfast and Welcome from Kavita Kapadia Matsko, director of the Urban Teacher Education Program
- 8:45 a.m.: Class Observation and Debrief - taught by Debbie Leslie in Mathematics Methods
Location: University of Chicago Chapin Hall/UEI (1313 E. 60th Street)
10:30 - 11:30: Urban Educators Panel and Lunch
- Anissa Listak, executive director of Urban Teacher Residency United
- Dr. Robert Lee, director of Illinois State University Chicago Teacher Education Pipeline
- Eliza McNabb, Teach for America
- Doug O'Roark, director of Secondary Mathematics and Biology Teacher Preparation at the University of Chicago Urban Teacher Education Program
- Noon - 4 p.m.: UChicago CAPS Career Fair
For more information, please call 773-702-6192.